The Department of Trade and Industry (the dti) invites interested parties to apply to participate in the Investment and Trade Initiative to Zimbabwe. The objective of this mission is to increase bilateral trade and investment between South Africa and Zimbabwe. This initiative will present an ideal platform for South African companies who would like to export value added products and services and for companies who are looking for investment opportunities and joint venture partnerships in the Zimbabwean market.
The targeted sectors for the mission include:
- Agro-processing (Including food and beverages as well as South African manufactured agricultural equipment);
- Infrastructure (rail, road and telecoms);
- Built environment professionals (Consulting Engineers, Civil Engineering Contractors, Quantity Surveying and Architects);
- Energy (oil, gas and renewable energy);
- Mining and Capital Equipment;
- Electrotechnical (electronics, electrical engineers, ICT and Power)
Companies will be screened and selected in line with EMIA guidelines and market requirements, which are explained in the EMIA guidelines document. For the approved companies, the dti will provide:
Accommodation (bed and breakfast only);
An economy class return airfare to a maximum of R17,000;
The closing date for receipt of application forms is 21st July 2017. Applications via e-mail will not be considered.